Spicy and crispy with just the right amount of sauce, this drool-worthy dish is an ideal starter!
GOBHI 65 – (Serves – 4)
1 large cauliflower (gobhi), cut into medium florets
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
2 teaspoons red chilli powder
¾ teaspoon turmeric powder
3 teaspoons cumin powder
3 teaspoons coriander powder
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 cup yogurt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon refined flour (maida)
1 tablespoon oil + for deep-frying
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
3-4 dried red chillies
6-8 curry leaves
2-4 green chillies, slit
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon red chilli paste
2-3 tablespoons sliced spring onion greens + for garnishing
1. To prepare the marinade, mix together ginger-garlic paste, 2 teaspoons chilli powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, 2 teaspoons cumin powder, 2 teaspoons coriander powder, crushed peppercorns and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a bowl.
2. Add salt and 2-3 tablespoons water and mix well.
3. Add cauliflower florets to the marinade and mix till well coated. Set aside to marinate for 25-30 minutes.
4. Mix together yogurt, remaining chilli powder, remaining turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and 2 tablespoons cornstarch alongwith 2-3 tablespoons water in another bowl.
5. Add remaining cornstarch and refined flour to the marinated cauliflower florets and mix well.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Put the marinated cauliflower florets and deep-fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add dried red chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
8. Add curry leaves and when it crackles, add green chillies, ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
9. Add red chilli paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add yogurt mixture, mix and cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
10. Add 3-4 tablespoons water, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and mix. Add fried cauliflower florets, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
11. Add spring onion greens and mix. Switch off heat, add remaining lemon juice and mix well.
12. Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor